Gorilla Circuits is one of the leading Printed Circuit Board Manufacturers & Assemblers in North America. We are a dynamic, fast-moving company that thrives on challenges and relies on our employees to consistently push for improvements. Our entire team is very aggressive and we are constantly looking to grow our business.
We are currently looking for a new member to join our Quality Department.
The Quality Engineer will provide support for product/process quality activities within Gorilla Circuits. Areas of assignment may include, customer complaints and product failure investigations and corrective actions, Product/Process improvement efforts, documenting FAIR activities, writing and updating work instructions, inspections and checklists and quality system support. Work with manufacturing team to analyze problems and opportunities and plan for improvements.
- Analyzes customer technical specifications, Fabrication drawings and process requirements
- Generate internal quality reports based on CAR/CI, complaints and yield. Propose and drive product/process improvement initiatives.
- Work with suppliers and Gorilla’s Supply Chain department to improve overall performance.
- Maintain metrics to evaluate process performance and work with manufacturing to ensure that expectations are met.
- Coordinate PPQP activities (pFMEA, CP, Capability reports, GR&R etc.).
- Create/Update work instructions, inspection checklists and procedures as needed.
- Interface with customers regarding new product introduction, product problems or issues with fabrication or assembly.
- Undertake additional responsibilities or activities as required by their supervisor.
–At least 2 years of work experience in Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing.
–Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, quality management, or manufacturing management is preferred
Knowledge / Skills
- Understand quality systems, ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues for components, materials, tools, programs, equipment, and Electrical Test.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create, review, and revise operating procedures, work instructions in English.
- Specific training and demonstrated success in applying quality problem solving method, such as fishbone diagrams, 5 why, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Electrical testing experience – an advantage.
- statistical software capabilities.
- Effective multitasking, organization and prioritization skills.
- High attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively with frequent shifts in direction.
–Drug screening required (marijuana excluded).